Been using Backuppc for Windows and Linux servers for years now, added a Win2016 server and have set it up as usual, but it won't back up the server. Can't figure out what's going on and the logs are no help either.

If from the server I try a rsync --list-only it lists everything. I used to actually have the full rsync command to try out a sync as the backuppc would, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Once I start a full backup, it lists it as being started and never stops. But nothing is going on. Listing what jobs are going on with a 'ps axwww', I see for the server in question only:

0:00 /usr/bin/perl /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump [servername]

it never gets beyond that.

Any clues?