From: Marc Gilliatt <m.gilli...@live.co.uk>
Sent: 19 February 2018 09:45:45
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading to backuppc-4.1.3 FAILED!

Ive just installed the backuppc 4 from a script I found online from
git(https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/wiki/Installing-BackupPC-4-from-git-on-Ubuntu-Xenial-16.04-LTS).
 ASfter running the script, Im not longer getting the internal error in the
GUI, I am now getting...

Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server

This CGI script (/backuppc/index.cgi) is unable to connect to the BackupPC
server on backuppc01 port -1.
The error was: unix connect: No such file or directory.
Perhaps the BackupPC server is not running or there is a configuration error.
Please report this to your Sys Admin.

I feel I am slowly but steadily making progress....I'm still unsure on how to
correct the issue I'm having with both the GUI and when I run service backuppc
status in the command line, I am still getting....

● backuppc.service - LSB: Launch backuppc server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/backuppc; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-02-19 09:29:16 GMT; 14min
ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 37768 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/backuppc start (code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Launch backuppc server...
Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 backuppc[37768]:  * Starting backuppc...
Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 backuppc[37768]: BackupPC cannot be started because
important parameters are missing from c
Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 backuppc[37768]: If you just upgraded BackupPC,
please update /etc/backuppc/config.pl.
Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 systemd[1]: backuppc.service: Control process
exited, code=exited status=1
Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Launch backuppc
server.
Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 systemd[1]: backuppc.service: Unit entered failed
state.
Feb 19 09:29:16 backuppc01 systemd[1]: backuppc.service: Failed with result
'exit-code'.

[https://avatars2.githubusercontent.com/u/3910596?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/wiki/Installing-BackupPC-4-from-git-on-Ubuntu-Xenial-16.04-LTS>

Installing BackupPC 4 from git on Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 LTS
...<https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/wiki/Installing-BackupPC-4-from-git-on-Ubuntu-Xenial-16.04-LTS>
github.com
backuppc - BackupPC is a high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing
up to a server's disk.