Hi there,

I've been using BackupPC for 5+ years and think it is amazing.

I'd like to burn my backups to optical for long term storage but don't
want to use tar slices, as they make recovery of individual files

Instead I'm thinking of using DAR  (http://dar.linux.free.fr) on the
PC's sub directory under .../backuppc/pc

Some questions :
- is there any reason why this won't capture the contents of the

- if I remove a backup (say number 240) under the backuppc/pc/<host>
directory, can I copy it back later to recover files, or does that
screw up the internal workings of BackupPC?

Thanks in advance

BackupPC-users mailing list