Hi,

I'm using BackupPC for several years now (upgraded to 4.1.5, but the problem
existed before), but lately full backups of 2 servers started to fail. We are
using rsync over ssh for all backups. Mainly Linux servers and some Windows
server where we installed Cygwin sshd and rsync to facilitate the backup. We
run little scripts to create a disk shadow before we start the backup and clear
it when the backup is finished. I've moved one of the client servers to another
BackupPC server and the backup runs without any problems on that server. I can
use the second failing server to try to debug why the backup fails.

So far I've upgraded the server from 3.xxx to 4.1.5, but that didn't change
anything.
Incremental backups always succeed.
I've created a new 'server' in backuppc to have a clean starting point, but
that full backup also never succeeded.
I've changed the XferLogLevel to 7 to see if it shows anything, but the only
error I can find is:
rsync_bpc: connection unexpectedly closed (5560630 bytes received so far)
[receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(629)
[receiver=3.0.9.12]
rsync_bpc: connection unexpectedly closed (342 bytes received so far)
[generator]

How can I debug this further to find the real problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Micha Kersloot

Chat with us via [ http://t.me/kovoksbot | Telegram ]
[ https://www.kovoks.nl/ ]

[ https://www.kovoks.nl/e-mail ]
[ https://www.kovoks.nl/ | www.kovoks.nl ] | [ https://www.mailcasa.eu/ |
www.mailcasa.eu ] | Follow [ http://twitter.com/kovoks | @kovoks ] on Twitter
E [ mailto:mi...@kovoks.nl%22 | mi...@kovoks.nl ]
T [ tel:+31 (0)345 - 53 29 27 | +31 (0)345 - 53 29 27 ]
A [ https://goo.gl/maps/MrqmTv442tH2 | Belle van Zuylenlaan 1-5 ] | [
https://goo.gl/maps/MrqmTv442tH2 | 4105 JX Culemborg | The Netherlands ]

KvK 11033334