On 2018-07-24 07:28, G.W. Haywood via BackupPC-users wrote:
Hi there,

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018, Tim Evans wrote:

I'm retiring the oldest PC among my BackupPC clients, and replacing it
with a new one.  Would like to use the same hostname for the new
machine, but think this might confuse things with BackupPC.

I'd recommend that you don't do it.  BackupPC is not the only thing
that will get confused.  You will too.  Examples below.