I'm running version 4.2.1 and it seems all new hosts we've setup after May
7th, when 4.2.1 was released, are exhibiting this issue. Hosts that were
setup prior to May 7th seem fine.

Here's the issue: We have a host we've been backing up daily since the
beginning of June. There are no errors in the logs. When we attempt to do a
restore via the CGI interface, we are unable to access any backups older
than about 10 days old. When we select one of the older backup sets it says
"Error: Directory /var/lib/BackupPC//pc/server2.xxx.net/21 is empty". If we
select one within 10 days, we're able to see the content and restore with
no issues. it doesn't seem to matter if it's a full or incr backup or if
it's filled or not filled.

The directory reported as "empty" is on the server. Permissions are fine,
as far as I can tell.