From: Craig Barratt via BackupPC-users <backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 13:26
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Craig Barratt <cbarr...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] installation help

Mike,

First, I would strongly recommend using the rsync-bpc 3.0.9 branch.  The head
is based on rsync 3.1.2 but it hasn't seen as much testing and hasn't been
released.  You should do a "git checkout 3.0.9" before running ./configure, eg:

git clone https://github.com/backuppc/rsync-bpc.git
cd rsync-bpc
git checkout 3.0.9
./configure
make

Second, why do you actually want to build everything from source?

I don't have access to a Centos 7 box to test building.  However, I suspect
you'll need to install a libacl-devel package (or similar) to get the C headers
etc.  Many linux libraries have two packages - the runtime library, and another
(generally with "devel" in the name) for compiling and linking code.

Craig

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 10:19 AM Mike Hughes