From: Ray Frush [mailto:fr...@rams.colostate.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:06 PM
To: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Copying backups to other host

Nino-

If your old BackupPC instance is version 3.x, then you're advised to use 'dd'
to make a perfect image of the device that the cpool folder resides in.
BackupPC 3.x uses extensive use of hardlinks, and the only reliable to copy the
cpool is to take an image of the block device with 'dd'.

BackupPC 4.x is a little more forgiving, and you may be able to move things
with rsync.

In either case, 200TB is a pretty large pool, and it's going to take some time
to move that!

--

Ray Frush         "Either you are part of the solution

T:970.491.5527         or part of the precipitate."

Colorado State University | IS | System Administrator