Stuart,

Yes, great point - deleting the host and re-adding it many days later it
will likely result in unused pool files being deleted during that period.

You can confirm that hypothesis by looking in the storage for tree for that
host ($TOPDIR/pc/HOST) and below the numbered directories (one for each
backup) you should see an attrib file, like this:

/data/BackupPC/pc/xxxx/3/attrib_69c04f2b39174a2a33d18eea03311735

Take that md5 digest (the 32 hex digits after "attrib_") and see if that
pool file exists, either by looking for
$TOPDIR/cpool/68/c0/69c04f2b39174a2a33d18eea03311735 (you have to "and" the
first two bytes with 0xfe to get the two directory names), or use this
command:

BackupPC_zcat 69c04f2b39174a2a33d18eea03311735 | wc

If that's missing, you should probably delete $TOPDIR/pc/HOST/* and start
over on that host...

Craig