Super, thanks again!

--

//Sorin

From: Craig Barratt via BackupPC-users <backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: den 23 oktober 2018 04:08
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Craig Barratt <cbarr...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading BPC from v3.3 to v4.1

I just pushed the change
<https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/commit/11e025b8df164634617bbff920bf2410638acfca>

I mentioned in (1).  I confirmed that in perl 5.28, version() gives the error
you mentioned due to the trailing period (while perl 5.22 does not).

Craig

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:08 AM Craig Barratt <cbarr...@users.sourceforge.net
<mailto:cbarr...@users.sourceforge.net> > wrote:

What are the versions of rsync_bpc and perl are you running?  Specifically,
what's the output from

rsync_bpc --version

perl -v

I assume rsync_bpc is 3.1.2.beta0.  For some reason the "version" package
complains about a trailing ".", perhaps in only newer versions of perl (on
perl 5.22.1 it works fine).

Here are two options:

1) change this line

$version = $1 if ( $output =~
/rsync_bpc\s+version\s+([\d.]+)(beta\d+)?\s+protocol/ );

$version = $1 if ( $output =~
/rsync_bpc\s+version\s+([\d.]+?)(\.beta\d+)?\s+protocol/ );

2) installing rsync_bpc 3.0.9 instead.  The latest release is here
<https://github.com/backuppc/rsync-bpc/releases/tag/3.0.9.12> .

Craig

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 5:10 AM Sorin Srbu <sorin.s...@ilk.uu.se