I hope I explain the following so that it makes sense:

I had a motherboard and primary disk fail and had to build a new Redhat 7
server. I've been using their version of backuppc-3.3.1 and have almost a year
worth of backups for 10 development workstation.

These backups are located on a RAID5 disk set which I moved to the new sever.
On the old server, I symlinked /var/lib/BackupPC to /data/BackupPC (the RAID5
location) as per the "symlink" suggestion within the /etc/BackupPC/config.pl
file

I set up the new server the same way, moved the RAID5 set to the new server,
and changed the ownership of the BackupPC directory to the user:group of the
new BackupPC installation on the new server. I also copied the old
/etc/BackupPC/directory contents to the new server and again changed to
user:group ownership appropriately.

I then started the BackupPC server. All looked great... except for one minor :)
issue... none of the old backups show up within the BackupPC admin interface.
It shows all the systems, and their backup configurations correctly but does
not show any of the previous full or incremental backups.

Two things to mention, 1) before I changed the permissions appropriately (I
forgot to look first) I attempted to start the server, which failed due to some
permission issues, and 2) I then changed nothing but permissions within the
BackupPC directory structure.

How do I get the server to see the  older incremental and full backups?

Regards,

John C.