On Mon, 2019-10-28 at 10:30 +0100, Daniel Berteaud wrote:
> ----- Le 28 Oct 19, à 10:11, jason ja...@jasonlocascio.com a écrit :
>

> > OK, I thought it was LUKS - it was setup when I installed Mint via
> > the
> > installer.
> >
> > Either way, the question is how do I get back to it backing up in
> > unencrypted form ? Nothing on the laptop has changed - it's
> > BackupPC
> > which is behaving differently ?
>
> My guess is that you leave the --one-file-system (which is present in
> v4), and so rsync skip the "clear" data, and instead backups their
> encrypted form underneath.
>
> ++

A bit more info.

Changing the RsyncShareName from "/" to "/home/mydir" makes the
differnce. backuppc is now backing up my home folder unencrypted (which
is what I wanted).

I tried removing and replacing the --one-file-system flag, but it
didn't seem to make a difference.

The only wrinkle - but I can live with it - is I would like to have /
backed up as well ....