On 2020-01-02 14:14, White FrosT wrote:

Thanks Michaelm "passwd backuppc" seems to work fine, but the configure script
does not. I did the modifications using usermod, useradd etc. Is there anyone that knows
the configure script in depth and can help me with a step by step debug of this issue?

I'm fairly familiar with the configure scripts, though the first place
I'd look is that there might be a clue in the package for vipw not
looking for the passwd file in the right place -- by a similar token, if
the module perl uses to access user information is looking in the wrong
place, you'll have the same symptoms.  Was perl and its modules
installed from the same repository?