I agree, *BY FAR* the best backup server.

To suggest an answer, in my case, I have two BackupPC servers running across an OpenVPN connection. Each server is in a different graphic location. (My house and here at my work.)

On the clients being backed up across the OpenVPN (work to home and vise versa) I had to extend the "PingMaxMsec" to allow time for connection.

Other than that, the rest of my settings are (I think) identical across both BackupPC machines. If one location burns down or blows away (tornado?) odds are the other location should be fine (I hope, I hope) and I can rebuild from those backups.

If my area has a catastrophic natural disaster, well, I'm probably in a bad way. My survival instincts will probably kick in . . . if I survived.

I will add that I have seen other options for you to consider.

(THANK YOU So Much, Craig!!!! Your the best!!)

Thank you for your business.

Bob Wooden
Donelson Trophy
(d)  615.885.2846