I've tried to suggest a couple of reasons that could explain what you are
seeing, based on very incomplete information.

Without you confirming what the issue actually is, your conclusion is
already that it's "absolutely buggy" and "useless".  To pick another
example, rsync -aHv will also report a total file size that is the sum of
the hardlink file sizes, and it also reports the actual bytes transferred
and the speedup.  So by your logic, does that mean rsync is also
"absolutely buggy" and "useless"?

I'd recommend you actually understand the issue, and then decide what the
best options are.

If your question is "is there a reasonable way to potion pool usage among
backup clients?" you are asking a question that doesn't have a simple
answer, because of hardlinks on the clients and pooling among all the
clients.

That said, it wouldn't be too hard to write a script that reads the
reference counts for a client (which includes all the backups for that
client), and apportioning the pool file sizes to that client based on the
ratio of its own reference count to the total pool reference count for each
pool file.  But that's just one way of doing it.  And commercial
auditing/billing tools are well out of scope for BackupPC, but you are most
welcome to contribute anything you develop.

Craig