I have some hosts setup that for now have no backups -- and I am OK
with that.

Is there any way (on a per-host) basis to prevent the "no backup ever"
message from being sent.

Note, for the other messages, one can prevent them by just setting the
notify period to be very long, but I don't see how to prevent this
message from being sent.

If that is not possible now, one simple hack would be to add a check
to the backuppc code so that if the corresponding $Conf{EmailXXXXSubj}
value is set to -1, then message sending is skipped (i.e., message is
never sent).

This would also avoid having to set the period to very large numbers
for other messages to avoid them ever being sent.