I really don't understand this. My backuppc system is a very elderly
Q6600 2.4GHz with 8GB RAM. System disks are ext4; /var/lib/backuppc is a
3x4TB in a ZFS RAID configuration. Works like a dream.

We could try to swap information if you wish but I am not entirely sure
the list wants to see the gory details.

Paul