Timing, basically.  The row is only green for a certain amount of time (not positive, but probably 1.2 hours - as long as the "Last Backup (days)" number rounds to 0.0) after a backup is completed, then it reverts to the white "idle" state.  Think of green/"done" as "a backup just finished" and white/"idle" as "nothing to do at the moment".