Le 30/08/2021 à 21:19, Gary L. Roach a écrit :
Hi all,

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 11
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-8-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD CAICOS

I've been working through the config.pl file and have hit a snag in the rsync section. I have set up my installation with *rsyncd*. I think I am OK dowh to "$Conf{RsyncSshArgs} = ['-e', '$sshPath -l root'];" ( Line #1241 on my file). After that point, I am totally confused. The instructions for "$Conf{RsyncShareName} = '/'; " would not work for both debian and windoz 7. How does these settings effect the settings in the GUI. The rest of the section is a confusing mess for me. I want to backup the /etc, /home, /root, /boot/grub, /opt, /run and /var/www directories on the Debian machine and the whole C drive on the windows machine. Does the client settings in the GUI override these settings or do all of these settings limit what rsyncd can transfer?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.

Hi,

config.pl settings are global, but you can override what is necessary on a per-host basis (create a "host".pl for each host). The "host.pl" file needs not to contain every option in config.pl, only those settings which are specific to the host (i.e. the shares in your case, but maybe also the method if you want to use samba with Windows and rsync with Linux).

Hope it helps.