Von : geo...@kings-windsor.net
Datum : 02/02/2022 - 12:51 (CEST)
An : backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff : Re: [BackupPC-users] No web interface with version 4.4.0
I had a similar problem when I upgraded to 4.4.0 just over a year ago using
Johan's script - you don't say how you upgraded.  Referring back to my posts
back then (end Dec 2020) here is the summary of what I did to regain the web
interface, and address some other config issues that I had.  Maybe you have
them too but they are currently not apparent.  I'm using Ubuntu 18.0.x LTS.
"I've got it working.  In case useful for others upgrading from 3.x.x. to 4.4.0
on Ubuntu, here are the things I needed to do.  (I got to the solution in a
roundabout way, so hopefully I have remembered it correctly.)

The original upgrade was using the "Installing BackupPC 4 from tarball or git
on Ubuntu" approach on the github backuppc wiki.  One of the things the script
does is create a /etc/BackupPC/ folder alongside /etc/backuppc/.   Basically I
then needed to reconfigure /etc/BackupPC/ with the old /etc/backuppc/ v3
configuration details and bring it all up to the v4 standard.  More on this
below.

Initially I couldn't log into to the web interface.  Resetting using sudo
htpasswd /etc/backuppc/htpasswd backuppc didn't work.  The correct command is
 sudo htpasswd /etc/BackupPC/BackupPC.users backuppc

/etc/BackupPC/config.pl - I manually went through this file alongside
/etc/backuppc/config.pl and updated /etc/BackupPC/config.pl with all my global
settings, such as mail settings, number of backups to keep etc.  Also making
sure to set $Conf{PoolV3Enabled} to 1.  Of course, v4 has extra settings and
has also dropped some from v3 so this was a bit painstaking.

I copied all the hosts.pl files over from /etc/backuppc/ to /etc/BackupPC/pc/
(and hence avoiding the use of a symlink that used to be needed for
/etc/backuppc/pc/)

And reboot.     CGI interface looks good - shows the v3 pools and I can access
old files, and new backups have started working.
This is all fairly self apparent with 20:20 hindsight but took me a while to
work out. I don't think my 3.3.2 install was non-standard so, along with
Johan's very useful script, it may save others some time to upgrade."
 regards George
 On 01/02/2022 23:22,