First, definitely possible and easy to do.
But understandable that MACH1.rep2 doesn't exist as it is presumably
not a valid hostname and hence not pingable.

Instead, just create a config file in your CONFIGDIR/pc for the new
backup name 'MACH.rep2' -- in that file:
- Add:
    $Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'MACH';
- Add the desired different backup frequency and expiry.

Second, you don't even need to have a separate RsyncShareName as they
presumably are backing up the same stuff, right.

Third, not clear that you need to have separate backup hosts to
accomplish what you are trying to do -- you should be able to do
something quite similar by cleverly configuring the exponential
delivery to give you the right combination of retained recent vs. more
distant backups. This will be faster and cleaner than your kludge.

Also, incrementals generally take up only minimally more space than
what you seem to be calling "total" -- as the amount of file data
stored is unchanged. Just that there is more repeated metadata when
using filled vs. unfilled backups -- and that filled+full backups are
slower than incremental+unfilled. Suggest you read up on that to
understand the subtleties.

Finally, if you really do want separate backup hosts, then would be
much better to either archive the old backups or better yet, have a
second independent backuppc server. There is no real redundancy with
your method (other than the metadata attrib files & tree)