Hi there,

On Wed, 25 Jan 2023, Giannis Economou wrote:

... hosts that are ignored mention that they have been last checked at
13.00 (no backup to be done at 13:00 since 13:00 is only for nightly
runs), but then they seem completely ignored at several wakeups after
midnight (where backup should be made).
Not the same hosts are ignored every day.

Does a manual backup for a host which has been ignored complete, both
*reliably* and successfully?  This is just to make sure that there is
no communications problem - although if there were, I'd have expected
the logs to warn about it.

Everything else I suggest here should be considered shots in the dark. :/

MaxPendingCmds: 120

I've never seen MaxPendingCmds cause a problem but I wonder if this
has a bearing on the issue because you have 85 hosts to back up.  I'd
try increasing this to a much larger value.  I don't know if there's
supposed to be a log message to warn if the limit is exceeded.

BlackoutBadPingLimit: 3
BlackoutGoodCnt: 5
BlackoutPeriods:
    hourBegin: 8.5
    hourEnd: 23.5
    weekDays: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Again I've never seen problems with blackout periods but I'd try
removing them altogether to see what happened.

--

73,
Ged.