Dumb question.  They aren’t encrypted on the drive are they?

Thanks,

Greg Harris

On Feb 11, 2023, at 8:49 PM,
backu...@kosowsky.org<mailto:backu...@kosowsky.org> wrote:

It does and in fact almost has to since pool files are stored
according to their md5sum.
So unless you have either an md5sum collision (extremely unlikely
unless creating them intentionally -- as in (number of files)*2^-128
unlikely), you shouldn't have any files in your pool with an
underscore in them.

If you have any such files, use BackupPC_zcat to compare their
contents. If they are different, then congrats you have
(unintentionally) created a blue moon md5sum collision.

If the contents are the same, then indeed for some reason
de-duplication isn't working. The only thing that I could think of
that could possibly cause duplicates is if the compression is set
differently on the different backups -- but I'm not sure that would
even create a problem.

Also, confirm that all your backups are in a v4 pool...