Hi,

I'm using BackupPC for a while (my version is a little bit old: 3.3.1 😁) with Linux clients.

I'm trying to setup a windows client (the only windows client I have, all others are Linux). On this windows laptop there is a firewall closing all the ports and I have opened:

- icmp echo for the IP of my backuPC server (and only for this IP)

- rsync tcp (873) for the IP of my backuPC server (and only for this IP)

However Backuppc returns always an authentication problem on the windows client:

"Got fatal error during xfer (auth failed on module drivec)

From the Backuppc server, logged as backuppc, I can manually (from a terminal prompt) run the rsync command to the laptop client, authenticating with the user name and password specified in the RsyncShareName. So rsync seams to work.

So I have 2 questions:

1) is there additional ports required by BackupPC for a windows client (others than "icmp echo" and "rsync" ?)

2) is there a way to set BackupPC in a more verbose mode to debug these exchanges ?

The setup I'm using was functional with the previous laptop of this user but the firewall setup was more permissive. I've just duplicated the files for his new laptop to create a new configuration, rewrote several times the RsyncdUserName and RsyncdPasswd fields to track a non printable character... with no final success.

Thanks for your advices.

Patrick