Hi Peeps,

I'm having a couple of issues with our bacula setup, I wonder if anyone
would be able to help shed any light on them?

It is probably best that I just go into one for now, as the other would
probably involve pasting my config files, which are rather large, and
might take a while to go through.

When doing a restore, building file lists takes a LONG time, over 4
hours to go through just one job, system load goes to 1.0, no processes
seem to be doing a huge amount, so it's not like there are lots of mysql
queries, or the bacula director itself doing a lot of work. While it's
possible that this is a system performance issue, I don't think it's the
case, as I have a pair of machines with storage/director daemons running
on them, one linux, one freebsd, and freebsd is much, much faster at
this, I've compared my configurations between them, both for bacula and
mysql, but it hasn't made any difference, general HD throughput seems to
be slower on the freebsd system than the linux one, so that should also
not be the issue.  So, if anyone has any further ideas what could be
causing it to take so long for this part of the restore, it'd help,
restores themselves are just fine, so all other parts of the system seem
to be working just fine.

Thanks in advance for any hints

--

BARRY HUGHES