On Friday 13 May 2005 14:27, Simon Weller wrote:
> All,
>
> When we initially started testing restores on Bacula a few months back,
> we ran into a problem that has been mentioned on this mailing list a few
> times - issues restoring certain files to windows machines that
> participate in Active Directory.
>
> After spending a fair bit of time on this, and experimenting a lot, we
> found that setting the bacula-fd client on the windows server to a
> Domain Admin user seemed to solve all our restore issues.

Thanks for the tip. :-)

I've added a note to this effect in two places in the manual (the restore
chapter and the Win32 chapter).  However, if you have more information on
this, I would appreciate to hear it.  One question, what exactly is a Domain
Admin user, and are you 100% sure the problem only happens with machines that
participate in Active Directory, and if so, do you have any idea why?

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V