Arno Lehmann a écrit :

You can use all your possible solutions, and even more.

The reasons are obvious, and all solutions should work. But, I'd suggest two other ways: 1. You can try to add (or uncomment their schedules) the jobs so they are started the first time at the day for full backups. This gives you some additional time to get used to bacula and grow your setup, possibly giving you enough time to solve problems and seeing if you've got any bottlenecks.

2. You can simply manually purge the excess volume from the first full backup when bacula asks for more volumes. This needs only be dne once (per job, of course) and doesn't require configuration changes, so it should be not too much additional work and no big risk of data loss.

During my first steps with bacula, I used the first solution I suggested, now I'd use number two :-)

I think I will go with the first one, starting with a few backup jobs and having the configuration file growing step by step, I like this idea ;)

I'm not sure I am very clear on describing my problem, I hope I am... :)

If you like my answer I don't care if I understood your question ;-)

Arno

:-D

Thanks !

Yann