On Thursday 09 June 2005 11:19, Sebastian Stark wrote:
> You're right. I was confused :)
>
> On Wednesday 08 June 2005 22:56, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > > That's true. But how can I make sure that I'm really able to restore
> > > the very last byte of the last file? If I just restore some file I'm
> > > still not sure that _everything_ is okay.
> >
> > Restore the last job on the tape.
>
> It went fine.

Ah, good. I'm not surprised, but certainly pleased. :-)

> > > We are trying a bcopy to a file storage right now.
> >
> > Bad strategy.  You are wasting your time IMO.
>
> Just out of curiosity: Do say that because bcopy does not work very well or
> just because it does not help me in that case?

bcopy has not been used and tested much, due to lack of interest by the users.
It does not put the results of the copy in the catalog, so after the copy,
you must do a bscan.  The documentation is not very complete so users
probably don't understand all the limitations.  In this case, bcopy would
have tried to read to the EOD and would have gotten an error -- leaving you
in doubt about the results.

> Anyway: Thank you _very_ much for your help. And it's good to know that
> bacula survives this kind of desaster.

It was designed that way (not very hard), and it is good that you have
confirmed it -- I'll add some notes to the manual based on your
experiences ...

Kern

  (">
  /\