On 9 Jun 2005 at 13:13, Richard White wrote:

> I have installed Bacula on a SLES 9 box and successfully run
> btape/test. What I want to do is back up another SLES server, so I
> need to install Bacula on it as well, or at least enough for it to be
> a client to the backup server,  if I understand correctly.

Yes, just bacula-fd and bacula-fd.conf.  Adjust the conf file to
suite this particular client.

> My question is, do I need to install the database (MySQL, in our case)
> on the client computer as well?

No.

> My experience with the backup server is that Bacula will not install
> otherwise. Is there a way to get enough of Bacula on the remote
> computer so that it will be visible to the backup server?

I'm sure there is.  But I can't help you with SLES 9 (whatever that
is!).  I suggest there should be a client-only
package/option/whatever.  I know it's there for FreeBSD and when
compiling from source.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/