Hello,

I have just uploaded a tar file of Bacula version 1.37.24 (18Jun05) to Source
Forge.  I've been running version 1.37 for well over a month in production
here and consider it quite stable. I have to admit that during that time
there have been a good number of changes to the Storage daemon, but I haven't
found any instabilities.

Although there are still a lot of things to cleanup, the current code contains
all of the major features that will go into the release (possibly one
addition to update slots for multiple drive autochangers).  What remains is
cleanup -- mostly in the Python scripting code.

I would appreciate help testing this version particularly concerning tape
handling mounting, autochangers, multiple drive autochangers, ...  It does
require updating your database and all the daemons at the same time, if you
are currently running 1.36.x.  Once upgraded, you won't be able to go back.
However, I don't expect any more database upgrades nor any additional need to
upgrade all the clients, though you may need to upgrade both the Director and
the Storage daemon at the same time in future versions.

The major new features are:

- Multiple drive autochanger support.
- Support for ANSI/IBM labels.
- New communications protocol between DIR and SD to reserve
  drives.
- Faster database inserts due to combining the MD5/SHA1 into
  the attributes record, eliminating one INSERT/file backed up.
- Python Event support has been added. See below for
  configuration and details. Unfortunately, it is not yet complete
  and the only really useful function is defining a new
  Volume name.
- DVD writing support, using parts, and a lot of new directives in
  the Device resource of the Storage configuration file thanks
  to Nicolas Boichat.
- Seven new options keywords in a FileSet resource:
  ignorecase, fstype, hfsplussupport, wilddir, wildfile, regexdir,
  and regexfile thanks to Pruben Guldberg). See below for details.
- Restore of all files for a Job or set of jobs even if the file
  records have been removed from the catalog.
- Restore of a directory (non-recursive, i.e. only one level).
- Support for TLS (ssl) between all the daemon connections thanks
  to Landon Fuller. wx-console and gnome-console are not yet
  TLS enabled.
- Any Volume in the Pool named Scratch may be reassigned to any
  other Pool when a new Volume is needed.
- Seeking on disk Volumes during restore.
- You may clone a Job and thus write (almost) the same data
  to multiple Volumes simultaneously (see below). Actually,
  any Job may start any other Job with this mechanism, so it
  also be used to group jobs.
- Unicode filename support for Win32 (thanks to Thorsten Engel)
- Volume Shadow Copy support for Win32 thus the capability to
  backup exclusively opened files (thanks to Thorsten Engel).
- New manual format with an index (thanks to Karl Cunningham).
- New Web site format (thanks to Michael Scherer).
- SQLite3 support, but it seems to run at 1/2 to 1/4 the speed of
  SQLite2.

Kern

  (">
  /\