On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:52, Christoph Haas wrote:
> Dear list...
>
> I am running a backup on a single machine using one DDS-3 streamer. All
> tapes are currently in one pool and whenever I need a new tape I insert
> a blank one and label it.
>
> I have set up these extra options in the 'Device' section:
>
>  VolumePollInterval = 60 # check if right tape is inserted every minute
>  OfflineOnUnmount = yes # eject the tape if it's unmounted
>  CloseOnPoll = yes # release device between polls
>
> My intention is to eject tapes tapes whenever they get unmounted. This
> works well when I run 'unmount' on the bconsole. My problem arises when
> I receive an email that there are no appendable volumes left in the
> pool. The tape gets ejected automatically but appears to be still
> mounted. So when I insert a blank tape and try to label it Bacula is
> confused because it seems to assume the last tape is still inserted.
> It keeps spitting out the tape time and again.
>
> The workaround is currently: entering the bconsole, typing "unmount"
> (although there is no tape in the drive any more) and then start to
> insert the new tape and label it.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? Do I perhaps miss something like an
> "UnmountOnEjectWhenABlankTapeIsNeeded"? :)

This is probably a "bug".  There are so many options that I just cannot test
them all, nor can I test them in combination with other options -- there are
just too many.

If you would like me to try to fix it, please file a bug report
(http://bugs.bacula.org), and provide annotated console/job output showing
the problem as well as your bacula-sd.conf file.  By annotated, I mean, if
you mount a tape at some point, you need to indicate what Volume and at what
point in the console output you mounted it.  With that I should be able to
duplicate the problem and thus fix it.  Please state clearly what it does
wrong and what you think it should do.

Kern

  (">
  /\