I hesitate between incremental and differential for my backup jobs.

I don't want to keep several months of data history.
I only want to go back to a D - 3 weeks state if necessary.

So my backup planning is :
- 1 full backup every week, 3 weeks of file retention
- 1 diff or incr backup every day, 10 days of file retention

So i set up 2 pools of backup :
  - 1 Full with 3 volumes (auto-recycle)
  - 1 Incr/Diff with 10 volumes (auto-recycle)

Simple isn't it ?

For my backup every day I don't know what to plan ? Incr or Diff ?

What would you use if you were me ?

Thanks a lot.