On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 21:20 +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> If you have an application where you *really* need to remove a tape
> each day
> and insert a new one, it can be done the directives exist to
> accomplish that.
> In such a case, one little "trick" to knowing what tape Bacula will
> want at
> 2am while you are asleep is to run a tiny job at 4pm while you are
> still at
> work that backs up say one directory, or even one file. You will
> quickly find
> out what tape it wants, and you can mount it before you go home ...

This actually brings up an RFE.  Amanda will run something a few hours
before a scheduled backup that checks to see if it has access to the
tapes it needs to do the backups.  If it does, great.  If it doesn't,
then it'll send a nag email for the admin to fix the situation.  Can
Bacula be programmed to do that w/out doing a mini backup?

--
Jesse Keating
GameHouse -- Systems Engineer