Chris Lee wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> Can a backup job which has been upgraded to Full be forced to use a
> different Pool in the director config?
>
> Example situation:
> 1) A new client is added to the director config in the middle of the month.
> 2) Full backups occur at the beginning of the month.
> 3) The new client uses a generic schedule which is defined for similar
> clients.
> 4) The next Run in that schedule is defined with Level=Incremental
> Pool=IncrPool.
> 5) So the director upgrades the job to Full, but still wants to use the
> IncrPool because it's specified in the Run directive.
>
> What I would like to see (if it is possible) is optional functionality such
> that when a job is upgraded during a scheduled Run, the Pool for that Run
> can be overridden as well.
>
> The first thing that came to mind when I started thinking about this is that
> job levels might have to be assigned to pools -- which may not be want some
> users want.  After some further consideration it occurs to me that an
> optional Upgrade Pool directive could be added to the Schedule resource.
>
> Of course, these considerations hinge on whether such functionality is not
> currently available.

It's already possible to specify which pool should be used for jobs of
specific levels:

JobDefs {
  Name = Backup
  Type = Backup
  Full Backup Pool = Full
  Differential Backup Pool = Inc
  Incremental Backup Pool = Inc
}

Reason says all that SHOULD be required is to make Bacula honor these
directives when it upgrades Job levels.  (I seem to recall this issue
has come up before, but I don't recall the resolution.)

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518