Samuel Olampi wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, Phil
>
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>>> 1) can Bacula do one part of the backup on tape (lev.0 + lev.1)
>>> and the other on disks (lev.2) or do all the jobs need to be run on the
>>> same storage device ?
>>

>> This is fine.
>

> Can you explain to me how do you "split" your backup between
> tapes (l.0+1) and disks (l.2) ??
> Do you do it in the schedule / pool section ?
> Any help is appreciated !

This is simple.  Create two pools, one of disk volumes, one of tape
volumes; we'll call the pools DISK and TAPE for clarity.  Then, in your
job definitions, do something this:

JobDefs {
  Name = "Split Media"
  Type = Backup
  Full Backup Pool = TAPE
  Differential Backup Pool = TAPE
  Incremental Backup Pool = DISK
}

This, as far as I know, should work just fine, so long as the DISK and
TAPE pools are controlled by the same storage daemon.  (There is no way,
to my knowledge, to specify different storage daemons for different levels.)

Kern, how hard would it be to add a "{Full,Differential,Incremental}
Backup Storage" override directive to allow different Storage daemons
for different job levels, as well as different Pools?

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518