> Hrm, release doesn't close the /dev/nst0 device either.  update slots
> leaves the device as closed or non-existent.  Will this pose a problem
> if I unload the tape out from under bacula-sd while the device is open?
> Testing here..

When I tried to do an update slots command after doing an mtx unload it
paused for probably 3 to 5 minutes before actually listing the slots.
Perhaps it was timing out on a drive that it thought was there.  So this
is not going to work as well as just doing update slots for now.

--
Jesse Keating
GameHouse -- Systems Engineer