LHERBIER Lois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> actually we work with Bacula on Sarge with an HP DAT 72 without such
> problems.

Dang.  I feared that might be the answer.  Which database do you use?

> I don't know if the 1.36.3 will solve your problem because the
> 1.36.2-sarge contains backports form the 1.36.3. (see changelog)

Yup.

> IMHO, it seems like you have an external process locking the device.

I don't think so.  The process wedges after writing to the tape, while
trying to update the catalog, as far as I can tell.

The tape drive is in use by Bacula, only, and I am certain that nothing
else is trying to access it at all, let alone during my testing.

     Daniel