Von: Kern Sibbald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. August 2005 14:55
An: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Michael Riexinger; Thorsten Engel
Betreff: Re: [Bacula-users] VSS Problems

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 12:22, Michael Riexinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I backup serveral win2003 Servers with vss. This works without
> problems,

This is good news.

> but sometimes i get this error:
>
> Warning: Generate VSS snapshots failed. ERR=Overlapped I/O operation
> is in progress.
>
> And then bacula can't backup open files. How can this be avoided?

It is perhaps not very helpful, but I'd say complain to Microsoft.

> Bacula Server Version: 1.37.25
> Bacula Client Version: 1.37.32

Thorsten:

If the above error message is really correct, perhaps the failure is just a
temporary problem. Do you think that we could wait for say 10 seconds if we
get a snapshot failure and try a second time?

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V