Kern Sibbald wrote:
On Monday 22 August 2005 04:32, Peter Sjoberg wrote:

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 01:38 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

Thomas Simmons wrote:

No one has any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Simmons wrote:

Hello Everyone,
From what I understand, if I have "Full Backup Pool = Full-Pool" in
the job resource then any job on that client that gets upgraded to
full, should use the "Full-Pool". This is not happening and is really
a big problem for laptops that are not on site everynight. If the
laptop misses the normal full backup, the job will go to a tape in the
"Inc-Pool", which has a much shorter retention period than the
"Full-Pool". Here's a few snippets from my config files and some
bacula output. Thanks for any help with this.

There is, to my recollection, a long-standing bug in this regard that
when a job is automatically promoted to a higher level, any specific
Pool for that level is not applied.

I don't know what the status is on fixing this behavior.

I can't guarantee that the bug is fixed but I was just running the
latest cvs version and there it did use the proper pool when I just
kicked of a Inc on a brand new system.

This is good news. So it seems that at least we are making some progress. As I said, I think you will find things better, but it is new code, and it is a new algorithm, so it would not surprise me to find some problems ...

Yes, this is really good news. I've been running 1.37.30 on my production server since it's release, and it's been very stable, so I'm not going to tempt fate and go with CVS just yet, but I am about to build it on my backup server at home. We'll see what happens...

Thanks,
Thomas