Marcus wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> Got a simple question for Bacula users, because last
> time I didn't ask this I got burned...
> I'm (brand) new to Bacula. I need to use it to archive
> several hundred gig of video files (raw .dv) to DLT,
> using an Adic Fastor (seven slot). Restores will be
> common during editting but since I want to keep the
> tapes forever there will be no real media rotation.
>
> The hope is to save up ~200gb of video and leave
> Bacula to archive (AND VERIFY) it overnight to the
> seven DLT4 tapes that the changer holds. That, and a
> restore sometimes, is all I really want to do.
>
>>From what I read, Bacula can span volumes, which is a
> must. But I wanted to make sure the above workflow
> sounds workable. I worked on Amanda for a long time to
> do this then found out it couldn't (officially) span
> and I had to ditch it!

You won't have that problem with Bacula.  What you're describing is very
simple, and Bacula will handle it easily.  It's just a question of
transfer rate to and from your ADIC whether you can complete an
archive-and-verify overnight.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518