Philipp Steinkrueger wrote:

if i want to backup a server running a mysql-db and i just backup
all the mysql-db-files, do i risk to save a corrupted version? i read
in the manual about the VSS problematic and save state in RDBMS
on windows, but in my case, the mysql db runs on linux.

I believe most databases are not safe to backup in this manner.

i dont want to dump the mysql-dbs before the backup, because this would
take days...

If you're using LVM, you might (a) stop mysql, (b) create a LVM snapshot, and (c) restart mysql. The (b) step is fast since it does not make a full copy of the original, it just stores reverse differences, so after (c) you can happily have bacula read off the snapshot, which you'll delete when done.

Note that the above is not a scheme I've actually tried, but I've had it on my to do queue for a while and from what I've read it ought to work.

A wilder idea involves dumping to a FIFO, which Bacula can be instructed
to read from when doing backups, although I do not have yet worked out how restore would happen in this case.

Hope this helps,
Davide Bolcioni
--
Paranoia is a survival asset.