> Spooling is when you copy data from the client(s) to a scratch disk area
> on your Bacula server, then copy from there to your storage device.
> It's primary purposes are:
>  (1) to allow client backups to finish quickly if the backup rate is
> limited by a relatively slow tape or other slow storage device;

The problem is that my backup is made directly to disk.
I believe that data spooling won't increase the average bitrate.
I save many little files from all servers. It seems to be the bottleneck.
So I tried to remove GZIP compression but it doesn't change anything.
The problem comes from recording data on the mysql database.

The mysql database is stored on the backup server but on a different disk (in
reality 2 Raid-1 disks on an independant SCSI controller).

I have no more idea and my worst backup takes 1:45 hour for only 4,5Gb data.
Furthermore some backups don't want to run concurrently and some other do so....

Bacula works fine but there really is a performance problem for me.

All more ideas are very welcome !!