On 9/14/05, Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 14.09.2005 23:37, Jonte Norman wrote:

> >>Bacula can only do an automatic restore from a single storage device with a
> >>single media type, anything more complicated (two different storage devices
> >>or multiple media types) you must handle manually.  This is not easy, but I
> >>documented it somewhere for those who really want to sweat it out during a
> >>restore ...
> >

> > I am not sure I understand what you mean by automatic versus manual
> > restore... By automatic restore, do you mean a regular restore with
> > for example wx-console? And if so, what do you mean by manual restore?
>
> I think that Kern refers to "automatic restore" as a restore process
> which only uses tools and commands bacula implements, because a "manual
> restore" in this case requires - manually, of course - modifying the bsr
> file bacula creates for the job, and later pushing some data taken from
> the aforementioned bsr file into other jobs.

Hmm... Manual restores does not sound like fun at all :)
Is there really not any solution that makes both backup and restores
to disk work involving more than one storage and more than one pool?

Right now my client schedules looks like this:

Schedule {
  Name = "platinum"
  Run = Level=Full Storage=platinum-full Pool=Full-Pool 1st sat at 22:30
  Run = Level=Differential Storage=platinum-full Pool=Diff-Pool
2nd-5th sat at 22:30
  Run = Level=Incremental Storage=platinum-inc Pool=Inc-Pool mon-fri at 22:30
}

Before I tried to have two jobs for each client and then the restore
worked well as far as I can remember, but then the problem was that
volumes were saved to the wrong storage devices :( There does not seem
to be any easy solution to this...

//Jonte Norman