Hi,

On 20.09.2005 12:34, Andrew J. Millar wrote:

Hi

OK, I've increased the Max Concurrent Jobs to 2 in bacula-dir, and run two jobs
- one in the Filesystem pool and one in the Oracle Database pool, however they
again didn't run in parallel, and in fact, when the 2nd job ran, it used the
same tape drive as the first, rather than the other drive.

below is an excerpt from bconsole -> status -> 1 (director)
--
Running Jobs:
 JobId Level   Name                       Status

Perhaps I do need the Autochanger {} section?

Most probably, you do.

You might also consider upgrading to a newer beta version as, to my knowledge, Kern corrected some problems with the device reservation - just what you need when running multiple jobs to different devices.

Arno

Regards

Andrew

When you say "database backups", do you mean the Bacula catalog, or are
you backing up some huge databases?

Sorry, should've clarified that, yes I am backing up some huge oracle databases

It sounds at first glance as though you need to increase your
Concurrency settings to allow more jobs to run simultaneously.

Doh! Should've have checked for that too - I've increased Max Concurrent Jobs to Two in bacula-dir.conf

--
bacula-dir.conf
Director {                            # define myself

I shall give this a go and see how it works out. Will let you know.

Thanks,

Regards
Andrew

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]