How does Bacula handle "foreign" tapes? I am currently using Amanda for
back-up but planning to switch to Bacula and sometimes I erroneously
leave an Amanda labeled tape in the tape drive. I see the error when
Bacula complains about the tape and pull it out, but later when Amanda
recycles the tape it cannot read it and reports i/o error.
dd if=/dev/nst0 cannot read it either and the only way to recover the
tape is to erase it and relabel.

Shouldn't Bacula leave the tape untouched when it sees that it does not
carry the correct Bacula label?

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen