Hello,

for a daily rotation I think that you may not lower the volume retention
but limit the "volume use duration" to force bacula to use another tape
every day.
For example on my daily rotation I use : Volume Use Duration = 19 h
And also Recycle Current Volume = yes;  so if the volume in the taper
could be reused ('recycled' according to the time retention).
You can also use Accept Any Volume = yes; to force the reuse of the
actual volume.

  Loïs