I have set up Bacula's director to manage about 50 GB of daily changes
out of 200 GB of disk space expected to grow to 1 TB this year as
follows:
1) It uses disk i.e. storage=file (instead of tape) for the actual backups.
2) The disk is actually an NFS mount point that gets backed up (think
dd) weekly.
3) Each Bacula client backs up only customer directories (i.e. no etc,
var, home,..).
4) I run a daily differential backup on each of the clients Mon-Sat.
5) Weekly is a full backup just before the NFS mount point gets backed
up on Sun.

The NFS mount point gets backed up as part of our D.R. weekly on
Sunday along with the entire disk farm on the floor (DMX and SYMM).
This, obviously, also include backing up the volumes that are system
related (/etc, /opt, /var, /bin, usr, ...).  That is why I keep them
out of Bacula control except for /home and /opt.  No, I can't fire the
D.R. group, they have a healthy contract with us and it an outsourced
business.

Suggestions, critical opinions or just a kick at the can are welcome.
question: how can I leverage the fact that I have a full disk backup
on Sunday of every week?