Hi,

On 14.10.2005 22:21, nathan r. hruby wrote:

So I created a shell script that does both: Print the file list to stdout, and create the mail server data files. Works, but its a little asymmetric: I have a script to create the file list, and a client run after job script to delete temporary data. Well, crufty, but effective.

Hurm.  That's what this script does only for MySQL.  It flushes logs, or
dumps, etc.. and then generates a filelist of files for the FileSet to
read.  In theory :)

:-)

Do you call this in the FileSet with the pipe and then have the script on
the director ssh (or something) to the mail sever, or does the mailserver
also run the director?

No, I call this in the FileSet with the backslash-pipe and let it execute on the client, which is not my backup server. It looks like this:

FileSet {
  Name = Mail
  Include {
    File = \|/etc/bacula/getmailfiles.sh
    Options {
        compression = GZIP
# And yes, compressing mail files is fun...
# Almost as good as compressing largely unused
# VMWare virtual disks... I could put 21.7 GB on
# one 120m DDS-2 tape...
    }
    Options {
      wildfile = *cyrus.squat
      wildfile = *cyrus.cache
      exclude = yes
    }
  }
}

My definition of crufty was to flush the logs and then copy all of the
logs to a seperate directory and just always backup that partition :)

Ah, trying to do incremental database backups... I gave up on this. Not because it wasn't possible, but because verifying it works is too much trouble for me.

It would even be nice if not only the order was documented in which the different programs are called, but if the estimate command had a swicth scripts so you could have the run before scripts executed when estimating...

Yah.  Thanks for the input.  At least I'm not crazy on top of broken :)

-n

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]