On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:29:04PM +0200, Arno Lehmann wrote:

> I've seen that... I could work around that by using my older
> bacula-sd.conf file - one without the autochanger resource. I supposte
> that btape is simply not yet developed to know about the newer
> configuration file format.

Yes, that would explain it.  I was fooled by the section of the
"Testing Your Tape Drive With Bacula" web page that says that "If you
have an autochanger and it is configured, Bacula will automatically
use it."

It looks like the guys writing the documentation just got a bit ahead
of the guys writing the btape code.  Since I've verified that the tape
drives themselves pass the btape tests, I'll just proceed with setting
up Bacula and not worry about this test code failure.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It saved me a potentially painful session
with gdb trying to figure out what was going wrong.

--
John Kodis                                Goddard Space Flight Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Greenbelt, Maryland, USA