It's only three indexes!! Probably that's the reason! There's indexes
missing! I'll look in the bacula source an create all the missing
indexes! I expect this to fix the problem!

yes :-)

for comparison:

i'm using postgresql now ... total database size is 1.3 GB, about 500k files backed up every day, and index age of max a week.

database cleanup usually takes 5-10 minutes, CPU less that 1, seems to be only limited by HD speed ...

Florian